Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsCell Phones & Plans · 1 month ago

why won’t my phone give me service?

I bought an unlocked phone secondhand recently, and while the phone reads the sim card just fine, it tells me that it voice isn’t available. It reads my network and everything, it just wont connect to it. the previous owner told me it was purchased unlocked, so i, not sure what to do exactly.

the phone says what network the sim card is along with my phone number, but it won’t connect

it’s not blacklisted

• Yvonne

Factory reset the phone and see if that helps. If not then the phone needs to be factory unlocked for full functionality. If you need help with the factory unlocking, mail me for more info.

Source(s): Email: yanastorff@yahoo.com
  • D1218

Maybe the just cut off and not your fault. Probably the weather.

Call your network provider. But I agree with the others...blacklisted. The only way to know if it is not is to check with your provider. I bought a phone once that wasn't listed on the websites to check, but it was from the carrier. Luckily, the person who sold it to me sent me another phone.

telltale sign that it is blacklisted, people are notorious for selling them secondhand since they cant really sell it any other way, one of the biggest scams in phone sales and you fell for it. you got scammed so hard bro

Your new phone, is it GSM (AT&T/T-mobile) or CDMA (Sprint/Verizon)?

If CDMA, and your carrier is GSM, does the phone have a GSM radio in it? If so, does it operate on the cell frequencies that your carrier does, for voice and data? Has the APN settings been set for your current carrier? 

Contact your carriers tech support, give them the IMEI or ESN and they can tell you if that particular phone is compatible with their network. They can also walk you through adding the correct APN settings if it is compatible with their network. 

• Robert J

If it can take a SIM card, it has to be GSM compatible!

• P

It's anyone's guess, but many phones don't have transmitters to connect to certain networks.  It's possible the phone you purchased isn't compatible with whatever service you are trying to use.  Take it into your phone company store and have them assess it.  

Yes it is blacklisted!

Because you foolishly bought a blacklisted phone lmao. dont even pretend like you know its not. there is no way a layman like you would even have the tools to find out if it is or not. this is a giveaway characteristic sign that it is, though, so if you want to keep being an armchair expert and disregard it then go right ahead. but you just got scammed and can t admit it.