What is this thing anybody knows? Someone drilled this into the wall today when I was not home?

What is this? Its pretty high up on the wall, and when the cap opens it looks like a lock of some kind is attached to it (could be opened with keys).

It has the same colour as my wall but it was NEVER there before, someone had drilled it in today when I was gone.

Neither my father nor myself had ordered any work to be done on outside the house.

This thing is outside on the front porch wall, such that if you look through the hole, you can see our water heater/gas inside.

any idea what this thing is ???

I used a spoon to pry it open, this thing (I swear) was NEVER on this side of the wall. Today when returning home i saw this thing here. Who did this? Its painted to loom exactly as my wall. 

Do you often have these paranoid episodes?

• elhigh

Obviously it was there before, the paint goes right over its trim.

Just because you're unobservant, don't think the rest of us are buying into your bogus "mystery."

It is definitely older than dirt, not new.

• Droopy

Its a *********.  Try it out.

It's a key switch usually used for alarm systems.  

It wasn't just installed.  They haven't been used in decades.  The corrosion and the layers of paint say it's been there for years.  

• Pat F85

That's exactly what that is.

That is clearly old, and has been around for a long time. Try again.

It's barrel lock for something other than your house. As I assume it came out easy, it fills a peep hole.