Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationOther - Cars & Transportation · 1 month ago

Hitting an illegally park car?

Just wondering if anyone has experience with this. My fiancée reversed into a car parked on double yellow lines & marked it with his tow bar. Can anyone tell me if the driver of the illegally parked car is at fault here at all or just my fiancée 

31 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Do you have an actual question?

• ...Show all comments
    • Edna
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Your fiancée is at fault, because he hit a parked car - illegally  parked or not. BTW:"Fiancée" is feminine: "fiancé" is masculine.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • zipper
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

No you are! Your suppose to watch what your doing, so your at fault!

• Nuff Sed
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

100 percent

• 1 month ago

it doesnt matter where it is parked or why. if you hit a parked car, its all your fault. pay up dude. 

• 1 month ago

no your fiancee is at fault. had he been concentrating on his immediate surroundings he wouldn't have hit anything would he. so hes broken the law, but much more seriously, undue care and attention. and i hope he left his details or registration for the other car owner. if not he has left the scene of an accident without reporting him, he has 24 hours to report the accident before the police can charge him - who do you think is more likely to be in the wrong and who do you think would be getting the day in court. hope you don't get any unusual mail in the next 14 days           

• Edna
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

One's "fiancée" is a woman; it's not a "he". 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

You mean they hit an inanimate stationary object?  If it were a person standing there...how much fault would you assess to them?  How about a baby stroller?  

• Nuff Sed
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

some people lack the logic to understand parking laws, let alone driving laws.

• 1 month ago

Happened to me twice. The other car's at fault, bring it to court if that's what's needed.

• ...Show all comments
    • Nuff Sed
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

The "other car" didn't hit you, therefore it cannot possibly be "the other car's fault".  Why the car was there has NOTHING to do with whether you're allowed to hit it.

• arther
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

put them in the same category as people who park across my driveway when I back the truck out, if they weren't there they wouldn't have been hit.

• ...Show all comments
    • Nuff Sed
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

In my state you'd be arrested for malicious destruction of property and spend the day in jail.

• 1 month ago

Just your fiance. The illegally parked vehicle deserves a citation.

• 1 month ago

100% her fault for not paying attention and running into a vehicle..

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Your fiance is at fault

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.