Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 month ago

I've been averaging 6 hours cardio(running) each week for 7 weeks + weight training 3 days a week. I've only lost 4 pounds. Good/bad?

I dont have a crappy diet as I just naturally have been an "#sshole eater" which was a nightmare for sleepovers as all the things they thought kids wanted, I hated & still do. I'm not new to exercise, I just upped my workouts from 3 days to 5-6 days a week and added weight lifting. Im seeing nice tone changes, but should I have lost more pounds or is this okay? What do u think? Any suggestions?

Weight loss is 80% about what you're eating, and 20% about exercise. While exercise can speed up metabolism and it does keep us strong, it's not the key to weight loss without a weight loss diet plan or changing our way of eating completely (and for life).

In seven weeks, if you were on a weight loss plan you'd have lost more fat than four pounds. Are you sure you need to lose weight at all?

Maybe you could take your measurements to see if those change. Sometimes we do lose fat, and the scale doesn't really tell the entire story.

You can always adopt a proven weight loss way of eating. Ketogenic, or Atkins are two good ones.

Take care.

• Logan

If you have a lot more to lose and want to lose faster then cut back on calories a little farther. 

its better than nothing