Why isn't there a vaccine for us against Corona virus when I sell dog vaccines that state on the lable it vaccinnates for Corona virus?

Update:

Perhaps I should just shoot up with with some Spectra 5 and be all good.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Dogs don't get corona virus caused diseases. They can get Kennel Cough, but that illness is caused by the Bordatella bacteria- which is in the same family as the bacteria which causes Whooping Cough in people. There are vaccines available for both of those diseases that work very well.

• Terry
      Lv 4
      1 month agoReport

WRONG! Dogs DO contract Corona virus, numpty! Look things you DON`T KNOW up!

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 month ago

We are not dogs. 

• 1 month ago

Coronaviruses include several (unnamed as far as I'm aware) strains of the common cold, in addition to SARS, MERS and COVID-19 (the proper name for what people generally call coronavirus). COVID-19 has many (380) genetic differences from SARS, and until the SARS vaccine can be adapted for use with COVID or a new treatment can be developed, there will officially be no vaccine for COVID.

edit: a quick google search reveals that a drug called Remdesivir is already undergoing clinical trials. Apparently they developed a new technique for creating vaccines using mRNA.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Nobody has made a vaccine yet, for the corona virus, and whatever you are selling is BS. Yes, I am reading the news about the progress of the corona virus vaccine. I am reading, and saving the URL's on my computer regarding the progress of the vaccine.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

The word "coronavirus" refers to a classification or category of viruses. (The common cold is in this category.)

What infects animals does not necessarily have the same affect on humans. (It takes a certain mutation for the virus to jump species.)

Making a vaccine takes a certain amount of money and resources in order to conduct the proper research and development for an effective solution. Depending on the complexity of the virus structure, it can take anywhere from a few months to decades to come up with a vaccine. (And this is not including the time it takes to get FDA approval and the re-tooling of the physical plant for mass production.)

More info: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/index.html

If you sell vaccines for pets, I'm surprised you don't understand the nomenclature.

• 1 month ago

there are different variations of the coronavirus. like the flu, but on steroids and a knife

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

maybe noone has invented one yet

• 1 month ago

That's like asking why you can't buy a brand new BMW for $2000 when you see dozens of cars for sale at the used car lot for that price. 

• 1 month ago

There are different strains of the coronavirus, even among dogs, and a vaccine for one strain won't work on another.  The current outbreak of human coronavirus is also a different strain, and vaccines used on animals aren't always suitable for humans.  Still, it should give them a starting place.

• 1 month ago

Because they are different types. It also takes time to test a vaccine for effectiveness in another organism and to deliminate the side effects of its use. Once an effective and safe vaccine is developed it takes time to produce it.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.