Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 1 month ago

My boyfriend always brings up my weight in every topic.?

First of all, we are both fat. I'm 210lbs and I'm 5'5. He's 5'9 and 255lbs. We met a year ago and he knew I was fat when he met me. He's the one that approached me in the very beginning and I weighed the same as I do now so he knew I was fat.

Whenever I say something, he starts talking about my weight. At first, I ignored his comments and jokes about my weight and he has not stopped talking about it and bringing it up. He knew I was fat so why want a relationship with me? It gets very annoying. We had a normal talk about getting a kitten. He than made a comment and said I would crush the tiny kitten with my weight. He throws dumb jokes like that in every conversation and it's getting on my nerve. He's always pointing at my stomach and pinching it. It gets annoying. I feel like he's trying to make me insecure since he's insecure about his weight. Or am I taking it too serious? 

• Josa

Your weight is bothering him.  He feels if he badgers you enough about it you will loose the weight.  It may not have bothered him before but, it does now.  Try asking him what about your weight bothers him and if he could how would he like to see you. Not to mention his weight!!  Men will add pounds and get pot bellies but, God forbid their wife may get a bit out of shape.  Why don't you two join  a gym and get serious about shaping up.  It's great for your health well being.

I would tell him, in no uncertain terms, that you weigh the same as you did when you first met him and, if he's not happy with you, perhaps it's time to part. If he presses it any further inform him it's over. You'll find someone else who feels differently and will hopefully be happier elsewhere. 

• audrey

Why are you even with this rude jerk? Start looking for someone nicer!

I can just imagine the breakfast conversation:-"Do you think it will rain dear"?  "You're too heavy".  "What time do you expect to be home tonight"? "You're fat".  "Are you going to take the kids to school today" "Gee you are overweight".  EVERY topic?  Really?

Dimp him bc he is continue to make you uneasy. Find other good guy. You deserve a better guy.

Time to dump his fat azz.

• Gabe

He sounds like a piece of s hit.

Godaaaaaaaam!  Well at least during the coming bogaloo, you'll have the excess calories to make it through.

• Girl

Start calling him a fat lard and poking his stomach. What a douche

Just tell him that if he's not a chubby chaser he's with the wrong woman and he needs to go find one who's smaller (as if a fit woman is going to look twice at a guy as overweight as your boyfriend).