Should husbands get vasectomies when their wives demand it, or should they get new wives?

what about the reciprocal

a husband goes has a vasectomy and tells no one including not telling his wife?

and when she never gets pregnant just say it was gods will 

------------------------------------------

when it comes to birth control .. women cannot be trusted

as for her demanding it.....  if she demands that she demands all sorts of things he should leave for

in the mean time a vasectomy is a mans best friend ,, lots of sex no pregnant women suing for $$$$$$ 

so he should get the vasectomy and tell his demanding wife how he is safe to screw her sister now 

• Marvin

And that is why I had mine when I was 21, single, and no kids.  I married years later.  My wife was good with it.

I had a vasectomy last year through my own choice I gave a boy and a girl and don’t wish for any more it was my decision and my partner was happy too no one made me do it, way I see I’ve two children that I can manage to keep I don’t see why I should I should jeopardise their future or ours by having another child that may make us struggle in the future or for any of my children have anything less than a comfortable upbringing, too common these days people having more kids than they can manage and the government funding them, any form of sterilisation shouldn’t be forced upon anyone 

YOu shouldnt get a frickin vasectomy just bc your wife wants you to thats not something she should be commenting on about you I would just ignore her or find a new chick

• Alan H

Why should either partner ‘demand’?  Marriage is a partnership of equals.

my mate fooled around with 5 women and now 5 husbands have extra kids - way to go Gary  

• fdf1 month agoReport

Is your mate a super hot man or what? also, doesn't he feel guilty about other men raising his own children? he doesn't want to be part in the life of their children? and what about those 5 women? don't they feel guilty? 

Well the female should want to have her tubes tied that way if she ever decided to fool around she wouldn't get pregnant and the guy should get his tied so that if he ever decided to fool around he wouldn't be getting another woman pregnant, so in conclusion they both should have their tubes tied.

• kristin

Both of them going in and "getting their tubes tied" would be very expensive, and most couples can't afford that.

In a marriage............the husband and wife DISCUSS issues - NOT demand anything.

Having a vasectomy or abortion is a husband and wife decision.

• B4 weeks agoReport

I agree with L

I’m sorry but deciding on the number of kids you want to have reminds me of the nazis who would force women of certain ethnic groups to abort their kids .. It also reminds me of China where women have often being forced to abort their daughters . By the way , abortion ( or sterilization) isn’t “ less evil “” if done willingly by the person . If anything is worse when the parent willingly chooses to do those evils .

• Lili

Deciding on the number of children you want to have and having a sterilization procedure once you've reached that point isn't remotely analogous to being forced to abort a wanted existing pregnancy. Anyone who thinks otherwise strikes me as seriously mentally ill.  Appalling and quite sick.

• Kelly

Most healthy relationships would decide this together.  My husband and I decided on our last baby she made our family complete and decided together him getting a vasectomy.

My husband is a medical professional and a vasectomy is a lot less invasive procedure than a tuba ligation.  Downtime for a vasectomy is 1-2 days vs several weeks for a tuba ligation.  Most tuba ligations are done after giving birth so you're recovering from the birth, a tuba ligation and caring for a newborn (and other kids you may have) at the same time.

• B4 weeks agoReport

Kelly, get this, sometimes it ensures the lady will stay faithful to the man, sometimes not so much.   My dad got snipped, then a few years later she ended up pregnant.   Whooops.   (Gene)

• David

Whoever thinks they do NOT want more babies is the one to get fixed. If the wife is so sure that she's done having kids, then she needs to get surgically sterilized. If the man feels the same way, then maybe he can get a vasectomy, also.

But there is no appropriate situation where a woman would say "get a vasectomy" and the man would agree to that.

• GB

The woman could get pregnant through rape. Also, there are bigger risks for her having children at an older age.