Does your dog resist seeing a vet?

Attachment image

16 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

thanks for the chuckle

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 month ago

No. My dogs are well behaved & will follow me anywhere. I respect my dogs & they respect me. They trust me. Both will let me do ANYTHING to them or for them. We got mutual trust.

• Geneva1 month agoReport

🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄😒😒😒😒😒

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

In a way. She'll put on the brakes once we reach the clinic door and won't budge. I physically have to pick her up (she's small) and over the door step inside before she'll walk on her own. She's anxious once inside but is generally easy to handle. Uncomfortable of course and shaking like a leaf but still compliant. The only things she doesn't like is the thermometer up her bum so will try to sit down when its in, and has a short tolerance for the vets looking in her mouth if she has just had a removal and they need to check up on its healing. Completely allows me to do it so have been asked to open her mouth for them when it's done.

• 1 month ago

Not at all............my dogs really do like my vet as he comes to lambing. They will even ALLOW him into my lambing fields. It might have something to do with the fact that my dogs very rarely enter a vets surgery my vet being an agricultural vet that comes to them either at home or in the field  when required.

Attachment image
    Source(s): just an ole shepherd his dogs and flock
  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Me Basset Hound puppy loves the vet. He goes once a month when I need to purchase his Nexguard and Interceptor. 

Attachment image
  • 1 month ago

No.  Never.  They know I would never hurt them.

• 1 month ago

I'd say lots of dogs don't like going to the vet, as who likes going to the doctor? But even if they resist, it's essential for their health.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Because I run a small farm and board horses, the vet comes to my place.

My dog has never seen anything but a country setting.

• patty
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

my dogs did not like going into the vets. It has that funny smell.

• 1 month ago

They don't know until you get them there but yes they do dislike them and will try not to go in, of course they do.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.