karla asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 month ago

I had protected sex with my boyfriend on Sunday (xulane patch). I change it every Sunday. ?

When we did it I had my old patch, I then changed my patch to a new one (on Sunday). He didn’t come in me. My period is 2 days late. Could I be pregnant?

No, the patches are geared to work the whole time they are on, otherwise all kinds of pregnancies would occur, and that would be a fail.

• kelvin

no you are not pregnant

Ask again in a month.

• k w

it's not like a train schedule, maybe sometimes, but not always......

Pregnancy is possible, but not too likely.  To be sure, buy a Plan B kit and use it right away.  They're only effective for two or three days after intercourse.  They're pretty expensive and can cause side effects, however.  Read the label.

You can always run a drugstore pregnancy test, but it won't give a reliable answer for a few days to a week.  It can take that long for pregnancy hormones to build up enough to be detectable.  

• Diane A

no plan B if on birth control