Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceDream Interpretation · 1 month ago

Keep having cancer related dreams ?

So an overview, I've been having therapy for Health Anxiety/Hypochondriac and have been doing really well but it's creeping into my subconscious. I have had dreams where cancer is mentioned, different ones each time and my remaining anxiety worries its a 'sign' one dream I was having my collar bone removed, another dream someone said I had a lump biopsed and last night was a dream within a dream: something about another type of cancer that I dreamt in my dream (lol).

As I've said I'm getting over a 5 year health anxiety and it's in my dreams and I'm worried it's a premonition of signs. Any dream analysts? 

First of all, are you dropping your health anxiety therapy?  That in itself could be causing this fear to return.  It doesn't sound like you are "getting over a 5 year health anxiety" to me.  I don't mean to be rude, but I do think you should open your eyes and see what is happening to you.  Faced with being on your own, the fearful part of you returns to haunt you in your dreams.  In my opinion it would be best to stay in therapy.  You may wish to consider going to a new therapist, as another viewpoint might be helpful for you.  I wish you well. 

Sounds on par. Drug addicts often have dreams about using drugs when they are in rehab. The idea is that you dream about the stuff that is going on in your waking life, especially the stuff that causes anxiety.