Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 1 month ago

Should I be sad?

My daughter is pregnant. She graduated college recently. She’s not with the father but moving to his state so they can co parent. The father is a man she had a non exclusive relationship with. I’ve met him before. I’m concerned but excited for my granddaughter 

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Jill
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Favourite answer

No. There's no point in dwelling on the circumstances not being ideal. Just try and be supportive of your daughter and your granddaughter no matter what. 

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • MissA
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You're old enough to have an adult daughter and need our advice on how to have an emotion all by yourself?

• 1 month ago

Well first you should be happy she finished college because most people don’t do that and get pregnant you should be very happy she waited sometimes things don’t work out in relationships and the only option is to move on

• 1 month ago

Your daughter is an adult and seems to be doing a responsible and mature thing by moving to be near the father of her child.

You can feel sad about it if you like. I would not express that to her - she does not need to feel guilty about doing what is best for herself and her child.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

I mean, no one can tell you not to be sad.  But you damn well better not tell your daughter you're sad and judging her.  She's a grown adult.  Cut the cord already.

• God
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Accept the situation for your grandchild's sake.  Maybe your daughter's relationship will work or maybe it won't.  Be there for her regardless.  Congratulations for the upcoming birth!

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.