Internship in Japan Trustworthy?

Hello,

I am looking to do an internship in Japan and I have found this website: https://japaninternships.com/

I ve already had a Skype consultation with them and everything seemed very legit and professional.

Ofcourse there is an application fee of 55.000 Yen which needs to be payed so they know you aren t going to bail. I ve seen this on a couple other sites that offer internships aswell.

I still have some doubt whether it s all trustworthy though. Does anyone have any advice?

Thank you in advance!

Only actual end-user employers can apply for visas for their interns or other employees. You must apply for a position directly with a qualified employer, NOT any "agent" or "consultant." And employers cannot & do not charge any application fees to apply for a job with them. NEVER use any consultant due to the high incidence of scams & frauds.

• matt1 month agoReport

Again, the application fee is not for the job. It's to make sure you don't bail on the program. I didn't know about that visa one though. Other than that, searching for a company directly requires full japanese, which I am still studying.

You never pay for a job.  Sounds suspiciously like a SCAM. 

• matt1 month agoReport

It's not paying for the job, it's the program. They help you build a resume, find you an internship, accommodation, etc... I also can't seem to find any internship website that doesn't charge you 55.000 Yen upfront. I've also reverse searched all the images on their site and they all come up clean.