Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceWords & Wordplay · 1 month ago

Does this sentence make sense?

"I'm, that's why everything. I'm not, there is nothing."

(I mean I'm here in this universe, that's why everything exists, If I weren't, there would be nothing)

Just to explain what the others told you. We only contract verbs when there's something after them.  Contractions are the result of stress-timing in English, where we rush over the small, structure words to get to the content words. In a sentence such as "I am going to the store", the stress is on "go" and "store". Everything else gets pushed together, so it sounds like "I'm going t'th store."

Without anything after it, the correct way to say what you're saying is "I am" and "I am not".

"that's why everything" doesn't make any sense.

"there is nothing" makes sense. 

• blank

Others have helped you to properly correct the sentence / statement structure.

Me - I am just going to thank you for the philosophical rabbit hole you just sent my down.  

Was going to give you gas along the lines of "really, YOU are the center of the universe?"   But then I pondered your existence if I, or anyone else was, the originating mind.  

• RP

Only to a limited degree. Are you saying, I am and that's why there is anything? In this context, using a contraction (I'm) does not clarify meaning.

it makes little sense to me as I try to read it.  Maybe in the context of a discussion, and presented orally, I could get the meaning.  Perhaps.

No. Consider Descartes: I think therefore I am.  

It simply wouldn't work if it was: I think therefore I'm.

So, no contactions.

I am; therefore everything else is.

The converse is not necessary.

• Light

"I'm, that's why everything. I'm not, there is nothing." Makes no sense. 

"I'm here in this universe, that's why everything exists, If I weren't, there would be nothing." Makes more sense. But unicorns don't exist so the concept isn't 100% true.