Can someone explain to me how a puritan wife might control an agnostic/atheist husband and/or influence a family of special needs children?

I just want to see if the problems I'm having with my wife are related to her Puritanism and/or Episcopalian/Catholic beliefs or if it's something else.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Doug
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Listen to your wife. That's probably your only, real hope.

Source(s): www.askmeaboutgod.org
    • UV1 month agoReport

hahahahahaha why is that my only "real hope"? Are you saying I'm going to hell because I don't want to believe in your dogma? Very nice Doug, very nice. Pretty sure it's against the Bible to judge others; only St. Peter can do that at the pearly gates. Go suck an egg

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

I was raised strict Roman Catholic.  I was not raised to be a Puritan.   I think you're confusing religion and personal beliefs.

• ...Show all comments
    • UV1 month agoReport

Wikipedia says they were the bridge between the two. Just going based on that. I don't personally care. I think religion is nothing more than governing control in the form of ideology rather than political government..

• abdul
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

The puritans had nothing to do with "Episcopalian/Catholic" teachings.

• ...Show all comments
    • abdul
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Such a silly statement. Of course I live here, because I am of this era you fool, just like you are. My Ideology is also of this era because there are over a billion and a half people who agree with it also living in this era. Your opinion on anybody else's ideologu is irrelevant.

• Retief
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

"the problems I'm having with my wife" - since you don't say what those problems are its impossible to know if they have anything to do with her religious beliefs.

• UV1 month agoReport

She sees sex as "gross" and only offers it to me as a reward when I do something that she thinks is worth of rewarding, and it has to be vaginal unless I beg for it to be oral. Also she believes in being seen in a righteous way socially as well; never cusses, tells lewd jokes, dresses sexy, nothing.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

You might check out the film "We Bought a Zoo".

• UV1 month agoReport

Why that movie of all movies to suggest? Seems completely unrelated to the question

• Mack
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Guilt and/or exhaustion.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

She controls vaginal access, she holds all the cards.

• 1 month ago

By keeping an uzi handy.

• Thumbs UP! If hubby is BAD, she can threaten him with the Uzi, and if he is good, she can let him slip it into her oozie coozie!

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.