Can someone explain to me how a puritan wife might control an agnostic/atheist husband and/or influence a family of special needs children?

I just want to see if the problems I'm having with my wife are related to her Puritanism and/or Episcopalian/Catholic beliefs or if it's something else.

• Doug

Listen to your wife. That's probably your only, real hope.

Source(s): www.askmeaboutgod.org
    • UV1 month agoReport

hahahahahaha why is that my only "real hope"? Are you saying I'm going to hell because I don't want to believe in your dogma? Very nice Doug, very nice. Pretty sure it's against the Bible to judge others; only St. Peter can do that at the pearly gates. Go suck an egg

I was raised strict Roman Catholic.  I was not raised to be a Puritan.   I think you're confusing religion and personal beliefs.

• UV1 month agoReport

Wikipedia says they were the bridge between the two. Just going based on that. I don't personally care. I think religion is nothing more than governing control in the form of ideology rather than political government..

• abdul

The puritans had nothing to do with "Episcopalian/Catholic" teachings.

• abdul

Such a silly statement. Of course I live here, because I am of this era you fool, just like you are. My Ideology is also of this era because there are over a billion and a half people who agree with it also living in this era. Your opinion on anybody else's ideologu is irrelevant.

• Retief

"the problems I'm having with my wife" - since you don't say what those problems are its impossible to know if they have anything to do with her religious beliefs.

• UV1 month agoReport

She sees sex as "gross" and only offers it to me as a reward when I do something that she thinks is worth of rewarding, and it has to be vaginal unless I beg for it to be oral. Also she believes in being seen in a righteous way socially as well; never cusses, tells lewd jokes, dresses sexy, nothing.

You might check out the film "We Bought a Zoo".

• UV1 month agoReport

Why that movie of all movies to suggest? Seems completely unrelated to the question

• Mack

Guilt and/or exhaustion.

She controls vaginal access, she holds all the cards.

By keeping an uzi handy.

• Thumbs UP! If hubby is BAD, she can threaten him with the Uzi, and if he is good, she can let him slip it into her oozie coozie!