Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 1 month ago

Why do people assume that every single black person is alike?

It's annoying and borderline offensive. 

Ex: There are several black people that use slavery for attention and want reparations while others barely think about those things. 

There's more examples but that was to say that all black people aren't crying over slavery and asking for reparations like other races claim. Some black people have no idea that reparation request even exist. 

It's offensive because I am an INDIVIDUAL and others don't represent me. 

First of all I am not upset, I asked a simple question and my example was to show case that EVERY black person isn't worried about that particular thing like some non whites lead on. Be quiet, imbecile. 

• Nom

who cares, never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake. take advantage of their assumption instead of complaining about something you can exploit

Same reason some people assumes all whites are the same, all Asians are the same, all women are the same, all LGBTQ+ people are the same. Some people are just lazy thinkers.

actually, the history of america by howard zinn, shows that the blacks were not the only people to be exploited in american history; "a people's history of the united states" was banned in arizona.

when i think of american history and the civil war, the civil war is a war-of-freedom fought by the white man to free the black people.

one white brother killed the other white brother, then gave the black man the place of that brother, to be a free citizen in the united states.

the black people have been free-citizens of the country for over 150-years.

the question is whether the black man can be that brother? the only segregated communities left are those self-segregated black communities that are held to be "traditionally"-black; the black community needs to integrate their communities to the white people.

after-all, integration is a two-way street.

NO I NEVER MADE THAT assumption...

• Pyrus

EDIT: Why the dislike? Comment down below please. 

You just countered your own argument with the very same example that you gave. The problem? "There are several black people that...". SEVERAL. It doesn't say EVERY single black person, it doesn't say ALL black people. It says SEVERAL. 

And let's say it really was "all black people", that's what you find to be borderline offensive? Man, I swear some people try to come up with the dumbest things to get upset about nowadays. And notice I said "SOME". And notice how I didn't include ANY races. 

• Mandy

That was the only example you could come up with?  And why is it that you find it only “borderline” offensive?