If your moving out of state, airplane, lots of clothes?

Would you have someone ship most of your belongings, or buy luggage ( I’m talking big luggage ) to put all your clothes, shoes, etc. I’m moving to Texas and taking a plane. I’m curious if your on a budget what do you think would be the cheapest way? Thanks to all for help!

I’m having my tv shipped obviously, and leaving my furniture cause it wouldn’t be worth moving 

No, I'd rather have someone I know take me. By the way if you have someone send you things you can possibly lose it.

Moving by plane, especially if you plan to ship all your items in ... Maximize the space by packing clothes and bedding in compression bags, which ... Do not run the risk of going to the airport just to find out what your bags are. .. counter while waiting for patients that their bags do not weigh too much.

I'd probably use USPS which is cheaper than any courier service. Cardboard boxes are cheaper than luggage, unless you wanted to buy some big luggage anyway.

You might also look into shipping via Greyhound. It may be a little less convenient in that you have to take the stuff to the bus station and pick it up at the other end, and there aren't as many bus stations in handy places as there are post offices, but the prices are good and they go a lot of places. Google 'greyhound package express'.

• y

Cheaper? No idea, have you looked into independent shippers and or, shippers like Pods?

• Eva

With the additional fees that airlines charge for luggage and the expense of the luggage itself, it would be cheaper to ship it UPS. Sort out the clothes and shoes you never wear or don't fit and donate them.

• Maggie1 month agoReport

Thanks!

• KaleyK

Ground shipment is the cheapest option.  FedEx and UPS have ground shipment options but there are others that can do it cheaper.  The trade-off is that ground shipment can take a long time to arrive.  The cheaper it is, the longer it takes.

• Maggie1 month agoReport

Thank you!