Whenever asked "How is it a mans world?" people point out CEOs male. Has anyone ever claimed they missed promotion/ job offer because female?

Update:

Can I have examples of such lawsuits, whether the outcome was successful or not?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

They say it's a man's world

Well, that cannot be denied

But what good's a man's world

Without a woman by his side

And so i will wait

Until that moment you decide

That i'm your man

And you're my girl

That i'm the sea

And you're the pearl

It takes two, baby,

It takes two

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BJ8sAV5Aj4

Youtube thumbnail

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • n2mama
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Yes. I was actually told I was not going to be promoted because I was pregnant. An employment attorney told me it would be very hard to prove and may not financially be worth what I would spend to pursue it. But it certainly happens.

• Amy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Yes, of course people have experienced that.

Women miss out on promotions because the personality traits that look like "leadership" in a man get negative connotations in a woman. We subconsciously expect men to be competitive and women to be cooperative. Thus an overconfident, assertive man who intimidates people reads as successful, whereas a woman who behaves the exact same way reads as unfriendly.

Women also miss out on highly demanding jobs because there is so much cultural pressure on them to spend time at home taking care of their children. Something like 90% of the wage gap only applies to mothers (and young women who plan to become mothers), not to single women.

• 1 month ago

Billions of dollars have been paid in lawsuits over this exact issue...to those women who didnt get promotions explicitly because they are female...

Its changing.  

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • martin
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

It doesn't have to be a man's world. Men have to change their attitudes toward women and be willing to work under the management of women.

• 1 month ago

Thousands of people have claimed they missed out on promotions because they are female.  Many have even won lawsuits for precisely that reason.

Have you been living under a rock?

• 1 month ago

It's actually the opposite. Nobody ever needs to hire more men in the workplace or for top positions, but they do need to hire more women.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.