Can I get into USF or FSU with a 3.0 GPA?

So, I’m a sophomore and I have a 2.9 GPA so far I’m planning to have a 3.0 but the time I graduate, so far I’ve never had lower than a 90 in Language Arts in my life, History and Science are okay (70-80) but Algebra, oh algebra, I’ve never had higher then a C- and currently have a 34, but I missed my ENTIRE first semester of Sophomore year due to a severe eating disorder. Any chance I could possibly get into an moderately good university? I really don’t want to go to a community college because my sister is overwhelmingly smart and it would just be awful. Thank you :)

EDIT: forgot to put in my electives I take online lol, 98 in Journalism, 87 in Cinema and 100 in Drama (all you pretty much have to do in Drama is show up 🤣)

If you have a b average you'll be able to get in most everywhere.

No, your chances are not good at either university. The competition is tough in Florida because the state has a large population. College-bound students know they need to work hard to get into the better state universities. You might be able to get into Florida International and you can definitely get into Jacksonville State. Or you can do a year in community college, get your grades up and then transfer to a better school than you can get into now.

There's probably a place for you at USF, yes.

I'm a senior and I just applied to a lot of colleges so here is my advice.

1) Work on getting your grades up, I know that is the traditional advice but ask more from your teachers and such.

2) PLEASE START STUDYING FOR SATs/ACTs!!!!! 

3) Write about your eating disorder in your personal statement essay when applying.

4) Again, study study study. That is my biggest advice, work on those grades by practicing and create effective study habits. 

Going to community college for the first two years is not bad! You get your gen-eds out of the way for a low cost. High school has it's bumps but I know you can improve.As of right now, no you will not get into these schools with these grades. But junior and senior year is what colleges look for the most. 

• Leesa1 month agoReport

Thank you so much Tucker! :)

Worry about the SAT next year.