Lily asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 month ago

How many calories would you have to eat, to lose 7lbs a week?

I know everyone is going to be like" an unhealthy amount" or " you're anorexic"

but I am actually curious and if anyone knows please let me know, thanks.

I am a 5'9 female who is 140lbs

That's impossible. You would have to run a marathon and eat zero calories

When you lower your calorie intake under 1,500 you actually low your metabolic rate (your metabolism) so you’re doing more harm than good. A person eating a health foods with +1,500 intake will have more success than you. 

If you are 300 lbs, then it's do-able. If you're 140 or under, it's not.

Not enough information.  We would need to know how much you currently weigh and how tall, and old you are, and your gender (male or female) .

Seven pounds is roughly equivalent to 2500 food calories,  which means you would have run a deficit of 3,500 calories a day,  for most people that is not possible over a week's time.  But if you are very active and/or very overweight it could be done on a diet of 1200 calories.  Meaning that you would have to "burn" 4,700 calories a day.

• Metalplanttag

Also your current weight is with the normal range.  To look thinner some exercise to tone your muscles would go a long way. Do so,   you might lose some weight or stay the same but convert more of your mass to muscles which is heaver than fat.