What is Healthier Mustard or Hot Sauce?

I am going to start buying sardines, I used to get them in Olive oil, but in my new locale I can only buy them in either mustard or hot sauce. As a result I was curious which is healthier?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

As long as they do not have too much salt they can both be healthy but chili peppers are supposed to be good for the heart.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • IvaB
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Concern over which hot sauce is "healthier" than another is  total nonsense to me.Hot sauce,and mustard are clearly about flavor and heat and nothing else. 

• 1 month ago

The question for you is what one do you like the taste of? 

The mustard or hot sauce will add negligible benefits to the tin of fish. It is the fish that is the healthy portion of what you are eating.  

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I like Mustard better but I don't know about healthier.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Mustard probably has less salt, but really, tinned sardines are loaded with salt anyways so it's probably a moot point.

• Same. No added fats, pretty much no added calories, not enough there to make a nutritional difference. Buy one of each and see which you like most.

• 1 month ago

oh boy, thats the million dollar question, aint it? I love them both ways however I find the hotsauce it comes with just isnt hot, so if I want them with hotsauce I will usually add some of my own hotsauce to them. Either way, they are both pretty healthy snacks

• John
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I use both.............................

• Dze
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

it wont matter .. im sure the fish has alot of protein in it ..

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.