Niah asked in PetsDogs · 1 month ago

Will a yorkie smell?

I wanted to get a dog for a long time but my mom does not really like animals especially there smell. I will be getting a dog but am trying to find one that doesn’t shed to much and won’t smell. I have narrowed it down to a yorkie but my question is do they smell also what can I do to deal with the smell of there is one?

• Amber

I haven't noticed any odor on my dog unless she's wet. You ca get a gentle shampoo and bath on a monthly bases or use a dry shampoo. Use essential oils in their coat. I put rose water on my dog and it lasts for days. Being sixteen she can smell a bit, even though she is bathed regularly because she can't clean herself anymore. Also, I like to keep her bed/blankets cleaned. I soaked over night in white vinegar, put on a wash cycle, then add some lavender water to the last rinse. Tumble dry or allow to air dry on the line. 

Yes ... Dogs have absolutely GREAT smelling abilities ...far beyond humans .

All animals smell to some degree. Yorkies typically do not have a noticeable odor if fed a quality diet, and kept healthy and prooerly groomed.

A dog is a very invasive pet to bring into a household tho when you have a family member who doesnt like animals. Dogs are very needy, need walked out often, and require attention and training from ALL household members.