Seth asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 month ago

How come my dad makes me feel like I'm smart when I'm not?

At work or with friends I constantly being reminded how dumb I am. Everyone I know points out that I have a learning disability except my dad. I confronted my dad that it bothers me that he doesn't acknowledge my learning disability, but the conversation never goes anywhere. When I'm with my dad I feel really smart but around others I know I'm really stupid. I have an IQ of 70. Why does my dad make me feel smart when I'm not?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favourite answer

"IQ" is very subjective.  Someone could score very high on the IQ test, but not have basic skills to live.

For example, we knew someone who was a genius in his academic field.  But the guy couldn't find his way around on a map.  His wife would hang a sign around his neck when he went to the airport saying where he needed to go.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Mr. L.
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

LOVE.

He's a good Dad, love him back.

• Candy
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Because they know you well and you may have a learning disability in some areas of your brain but in others you may be talented.He knows your heart like God knows your heart and knows why you have these hurdles and he loves you.Find your special talent and bring it out.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

cause he wants you to feel smart

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Nitro
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

He's your dad. He loves you and knows you well enough to see your strengths. My advice is to avoid hanging out with people who make you feel stupid. Surround yourself with more people who see your positives.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.