Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 1 month ago

From what I describe does my supervisor’s behavior sound pathological and abusive? What can I do? ?

My supervisor can be quite difficult to deal with 

She can be extremely abusive & not consistent; she can be overly nice one minute and a devil the next. She will give over the top praise then a few days later tear you apart.

She’s very controlling we have to text her throughout the day letting her know our exact whereabouts using our personal cell phones. Even when walking from one office to another. I She has assigned me tasks, I complete and submit per directive and I get positive feedback and praise it sets her of and she starts picking me apart telling me all I do wrong. I have had to send screenshots of texts with time stamps, to prove I did not lie.Another department asked for me to collaborate on a project and the entire week she was extra nasty to me.She calls 1 or 2 minutes before staff is supposed to leave to make sure we’re there. She makes biting comments & accuses everyone of lying padding reimbursements, being late or leaving early. She moved me to the most remote office with no restroom nearby, even though I have the most seniority, just because.She berates the department secretary yells at her, calls her stupid & has her in tears. Then she’ll bring her flowers and gift cards and the cycle starts again. Poor woman is a wreck.

She also shares others personal information like it’s nothing.

I am looking for another job. Is her behavior normal or even acceptable? By the way the department she runs in HR handles employee wellness and mental health. Which is ironic!

She's without a doubt an over the top Narcissist.

• marc1 month agoReport

Yes Exacty, I'm quite surprised she hasn't been outed because from what you've described, she's doing this to everyone.