A friend who is a girl is very close having gay friends (me included). When another girl friend ask her if she is ok to have a gay child....?

... she said she is not ready. Is it her fault that she does not wanna have a gay child even if she is ok having gay friends and is she a homophobe for it? Or is it our society's fault we are taught that way? Or could it be her family not allowing her hence she made that choice? What do you think should she do when faced with that scenario?

• Favourite answer

I didn't want a gay child, even though my best friends were all gay men. When it appeared to be he might be, it saddened me, but I was OK with it. It saddened in large part due to my exposure to the discrimination my friends faced. I didn't want him to experience that. He has grown up with positive male role models, many of them gay. (I'm a single Cis mom)

• reme_1

She is still young.

She probably meant she’s not ready to have kids in general, I don’t even understand why you think she meant she’s not ready to have gay kids? Doesn’t even make sense. Is there a place to go adopt specifically only gay kids I don’t know about?