Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 1 month ago

Should I date them?

Hi! I have a friend, and I know they like me, because they told me and because, well, it’s just really obvious. And they are absolutely perfect for me, and I mean perfect, they like all the same things as me, they genuinely care about me and help me with my mental health a lot, even when I try push them away because of my mental health. The only problem is... I don’t like them back that way... I like them as a friend and don’t see them romantically at all. And I feel stupid because they would be the perfect partner in every way. So should I try dating them and see? I thought about it, but I wouldn’t want to hurt them in anyway, and I don’t want to loose them as a friend if we do brake up.... 

I think you should try dating your friend and see what happens because it’s possible that you may be holding yourself back in some way. Romantic feelings could develop. 

• Alan H

Just get on with it.   And......enjoy!

thats up to you

You should spend more time with them as a friend and see if anything changes. It might not and that’s ok.