Christians. Do you believe that taking communion, praying and going to church resembles symbolic worship of God?

Or do these traditions have an inherent purpose like building upon your house in heaven and gaining favor from the Lord?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favourite answer

These are not traditions and symbols.  Jesus TOLD us to take Holy Communion in remembrance that Christ died for us and to be thankful -  and when I pray it's no symbol, I am speaking to my Saviour and He is speaking to me - it's conversation, fellowship, pure joy in His presence.  Going to Church to worship Him is an act of humility and love - again pure joy in worshipping the Saviour who died for me on the Cross of Calvary.  It's no hardship and no symbol of worship - it's the real thing. Those are not things we play at.

• Snowbird
      Lv 6
      1 month agoReport

Thank you for Best Answer User899361

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Paul
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I don't know what "symbolic worship" means, but these are all ways of honoring, glorifying and worshipping God.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

That has got to be THE weirdest question I've seen here.  "Resembles symbolic worship"???   Speak English.

No one *takes* Communion; you *receive* Communion.Communion and baptism are Sacraments, not traditions.  And the rest of your question makes no sense.  

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Material things done in the "flesh" (Romans 8:8) "...cannot inherit the Kingdom of heaven" (I Corinthians 15:50).

"..Let every man take heed how he buildeth [upon this] foundation" (I Corinthians 3:10).

11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ [II Cor 5:16].

12 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble [Material things];

13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.

14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.

15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire" (I Corinthians 3:10-15).

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

"...resembles symbolic worship..." Now there's a phrase with a precise and clear meaning.

• 1 month ago

Yea, communion and baptisms are rituals; but, praying and attending services are not.

• Chi girl
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Communion and baptism are sacraments.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.