Jack asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 month ago

Why is America so Polarized? Why isn't anyone trying to stop it?

I've noticed in the past couple of years that there seems to be this massive gap between republicans and democrats, and there seem to be fewer and fewer moderate individuals. People are going further and further to one side, and supporting their side to a more extreme extent all the time. This has gotten to the extent of blaming the other side for all of America's issues and doing whatever your side wants even if you don't believe in it. I feel like politics is increasingly controlled by peer pressure. I brought this up with a congressman at a talk he was giving, and he preceded to say that I was right, and that the whole issue was the other party's fault, and that his party needed to win more seats to solve the problem. How can we solve problems like this? Why is this happening? 

Update:

Case in point, the one of the trending questions refers to the entire democratic party as "the democraps".

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Zirp
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Because the "first-past-the-post" voting-system reduces every issue in just two camps.

In countries where governing requires a majority(-coalition) there are far more than two parties

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 month ago

Because of the cult of the orange fatass.

• ricky
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Children have been taught for 30 years, that America is a bad country with bad beginnings. Grown ups feel the opposite.

• 1 month ago

FACT:  No one has done more to divide our nation than Donald Trump.  Consider his speeches in which he has demeaned all Mexican as murderers and rapists, people of color, people who are Islamist s, people who are disabled, veterans and Gold Star Families who have lost their loved ones in service to our country, women, gays and LGBT people.  And he has stated that he is a Nationalist and that Nazis are some pretty nice people.

And so we know who is to blame for this.

Yes, the Trump Resistance is doing well to stop it.  In 2018 we sent more women to congress than ever before and we are just getting started when it comes to totally replacing Trump in 2020.  We will succeed.

You are correct and Americans are sick and tired of this bullcrap.

There are two values that ALL AMERICANS believe in and we wrote this in 1776:

And I personally love rubbing this into the faces of those who try to divide us!

Attachment image
  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Ro
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Left wing politicians and their propaganda outlets keep this nation divided.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Its too late.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.