Will Corona Virus kill many in U.S.?

Update:

As with any virus: get plenty of rest and hydrate hydrate hydrate. Treat the symptoms with Advil or Tylenol and chicken soup. Get your loved ones who are ill to the hospital IMMEDIATELY or call 911 if they develop difficulty breathing, altered mental status, no pee for 24 hours, or the fever does not start getting better in two days. My mom is 90 and caught RSV this winter. Mortality rate in the elderly is 2-5%. I followed the above. She spent 5 days in the hospital and she's now independent

Update 2:

Talking about twisted reporting, I just listened to Newsome's newscast that included his health department. Only ONE (1) new case has shown up in Solano county. The other cases are those from the Princess cruise ship that were flown back into the US and currently located at Travis AFB and MCAS Miramar. California is short of test kits but the CDC is sending plenty more to include ability to do the tests in California. 

Update 3:

Typical uneducated reporters trying to make a name for themselves by publishing fake/misleading news that only causes irrational people to panic (which are the politicians of California).

Update 5:

"Coronavirus is scary, but the flu is deadlier, more widespread"

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Zirp
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

we're not psychics!                                   reported

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 month ago

My money is on a 50% loss for California, New York and Illinois.

• 1 month ago

Define many. its realy subjective, dont know for sure what are you compairing it to?

• 1 month ago

So far the coronavirus is killing less than 4% of those infected by it. It's nowhere near as bad as some of the viruses we've had in the last few years it's certainly not the 1918 Spanish influenza or SARS or mers

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

i hope it don't!!!!

• Ro
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

The democrats seem to hope so.

• 1 month ago

Let's hope not. At this time there's no reason to be overly concerned but that can change so stay alert.

Do Not Panic.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Most places in the US can't even test for it, and they are not.

• 1 month ago

contact the CDC they have preventive information right now

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.