Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 1 month ago

What would you do if your son wanted to wear a dress?

I honestly wouldn't let him. I don't care what year it is. Only women should wear dresses. I'd ask him why he would want to wear it though.

I wouldn't either. However, I don't believe I have to worry about that. His personality is all boy.

• sarah

If he was just goofing off at home, that would be one thing. But if he wanted to go out in public in a dress or start wearing nothing BUT dresses, I wouldn't allow it. I know it's a hard concept for modern society to grasp, but some things ARE just for females.

You are right. If my son wanted to wear a dress, I would explain to him why that is wrong and why he should wear shorts or pants instead.

• audrey

I would tell him not while he lives under my roof!

Must be tough for Dwyane Wade as a parent. Makes me wonder why he is a role model.

Get him a great kilt.

The worse thing would be if he looked better in it than I do.

First and foremost, I am not a parent.

If I had a son and he expressed a desire to wear a dress (outside of it being a costume) then I'd let him.  If need be, I'd move to an area where he would be more accepted, and for my child's happiness, I'd happily endure whatever crap society wanted to throw at me as a result.