Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 1 month ago

Are strict parents the best kind of parents?

Asian parents are very strict and that is why Asian kids are so good at science and academics. Western parents are too permissive and due to this reason western kids are lazy and lack discipline.

• edward

Not true. I failed physics 3 times and i still can’t hack it. I’m asian and my parents have a mixed parenting style of asian and military.

Of course it's another trolling anon

It may seem that way, but the reality is that many of these children end up so devoid of imagination or personality that it's literally becoming a problem for China.  China does not produce unique art.  China does not produce unique electronics.  China doesn't build unique buildings.  Instead they mimic what other countries are doing and simply hope they can do it for a cheaper price.

This lack of creativity also means that Chinese students struggle with jobs that require them to think outside of the box; like working as programmers or designers.  I'm not trying to badmouth the Chinese here, this is a legit problem that the nation recognizes it has.  The only issue is that creativity and free thought go against communist thought, and so there's little they can do about it rather than marketing talent from outside nations.

So you can follow the Chinese model and have a child who can build a car, or you can follow the western model and have a child who could design a car.