Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 month ago

Why is my ex gf attacking my new gf that I got close to while we were on break?

I had sex with a girl while my gf and I were on break and after I told her I don’t want to get back together she found out about my new gf and how we had sex while we were on break and now she‘s been bullying my gf  turning all her friends against her. And also I broke up with my ex gf months ago so why is she behaving like this now? My gf plays it cool acts like it doesn’t upset her scare her or hurt her but I know it’s gotta be. I’m furious with my ex and I don’t want this happening to my gf. How do I stop her?

Jealousy, but potentially also anger at you. Did you agree, both of you, that you were ok with seeing other people while you were on the break? It's possible she saw a break as a time apart where you were not actively in a relationship, but also not actively seeing other people. She would therefore feel pretty hurt by what happened, and that would be fair enough. That said, she is not justified in taking either her jealousy or her anger out on your girlfriend, who from what you have said has not done anything wrong. I think you need to talk to your ex, ask what is going on here, and be ready to apologise if there has been a genuine misunderstanding or to be firm and tell her to knock it off if she's just acting out of jealousy.

you ex sounds like a B

Easy. Tell her off. She's just jealous and upset over the break up obviously, but bullying the other gf is immature and unfair to your new gf, so tell her to stop.

• Ana

You need to fight fire with fire. Your ex is a classic narcissist/sociopath/bully, and the only way they’re going to get them to stop their bad behavior is if you make them realize that it’s going to hurt them really bad every time they behave that way.

For example, you could let your ex know that every time she badmouth your girlfriend to one of her friends, you will do the exact same thing to her and her friends and parents, x2, and that you know a LOT of true dirty secrets. Tell her “two can play that game”.

If you stand idly by, she will successfully hurt both you and your new girlfriend’s relationship, and she might even cause you guys to break up

So you had a 'break' but were still technically 'an item'. So really, you had this 'break' to have sex with someone else you liked and then dumped your g/f once you'd cemented this illicit relationship. VERY cowardly of you. No wonder the ex g/f is super-peeved. It's sad she's taking it out on the new g/f - but I suppose it depends on whether the new g/f knew you were doing the cowardly stuff while having sex with her having not already ditched your ex. If that's the case then she's totally innocent and is getting the bullying YOU actually deserve. If, however, she was happy to have sex with you while you were still attached to your ex - then she deserves a bit of the flak she's getting (and handling superbly) whilst coming to realise you are a bit of a cad so maybe not the long-term boyfriend she hopes for. Only YOU can solve this. You need to see your ex g/f and apologise for hurting her and for being a ratbag to her and tell her to bully you instead of your 'innocent' girlfriend who knew nothing about your previous association with her.

• Alan H

Mischievousness.   But does it matter?

SHE cannot turn her friends away; they make their own decisions.

Let ex be ex.    You seem to move on readily anyway

Mate just understand women, your current girlfriend loves the fact that other women are still after you, and your ex is in the same situation, she is obssessed with you because you have a woman. Women are stupid liek this, the best way to get attention from women is to spread it around that other women like you

• kristy

She is sooooo jealous and mad because she probably isn’t getting any sex and the new gf might be better looking. Best way to deal with it is just ignore her.

You probably date and have sex for looks.