Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 month ago

How do I stop overthinking and let go of the hurt?

I like this guy, and because it's a long distance sort of thing, it's mainly just based off texting each other everyday. I only found out recently that he likes me, although I had a suspicion that he did for a while. When I asked him, he didn't really say much about it other than he 'might' have feelings, which he was saying to imply that he does actually like me. It's great and I'm really happy and he's made me so much better than I was before.

The last time I had really strong feelings for a guy, he completely broke my heart and I went through my absolute lowest point. I'm terrified of this happening again, and because the guy I have feelings for now told me he had feelings, and yes he does flirt a little bit, he also rarely initiates any of the flirting. It usually has to be me who starts it, and then he'll reciprocate. I'm scared that this is because he's losing interest, although this is how he's been the whole time, even before I asked him if he's interested. 

I don't know what his previous relationship was like and whether the break up affected him and if that could be the reason he doesn't initiate things, and I'm too scared to bring it up. I don't want to reveal more about my feelings, like telling him about being worried about getting hurt because I don't want to scare him off. He has no idea how bad the last time was, and I'm worried that if I tell him, he's going to run for the hills. We haven't talked about dating and I'm not sure if I should bring it up.

Why does it all have to be online? Why don't you meet this guy and get to know him properly. He may not be the man of your dreams when you meet in person as you've only got text to go on at the moment. Arrange to meet - otherwise it's not a proper relationship at all.