Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 1 month ago

Is it strange if you are on a playdate as a child and as you get in the car the boy you are visiting gets in his father's lap to drive?

• GB

It's only strange if the father lets the child drive, or does not get them to sit in the car properly before driving off. 

• Glazer1 month agoReport

The boy actually drove in his father's lap with me in the backseat on the way to miniature golf.

Well if it's a play date I would say they are toddlers, so no it's not weird.

• Glazer1 month agoReport

I was 8 years old and the other boy was 9 I think.  

• sarah

I don't think that's strange at all. Did you never sit in your dad's lap and pretend to drive? I'm a girl and did that lots of times. There was never anything more to it than me pretending to drive. My daughter is nine months old and already sits in her dad's lap and pretends to drive our Rzr.

It sucks that people look at stuff like this as if there's some sinister meaning behind it.

• Glazer1 month agoReport

• helene

That would be illegal today, not "strange." 

You do realize that the boy would only be pretending to drive, right?

• Glazer1 month agoReport

This is common in Troll society.

• Petter

This whole question is strange...