Really irritated what should I do? ?

I’m a nurse today and tomorrow are my only 2 days off. My car is in the shop until tomorrow night getting fixed. My friend “Becky” called and asked if I’d be willing to cover a shift for our friend “Tina” tomorrow. I agreed to cover Tinas shift only if my friend Becky would pick me up for work since my car is in the shop.(

I live 10 minutes from Becky) Becky agreed to pick me up

. I got in touch with Tina and my boss and got everything is squared away and I’m going to work for Tina tomorrow. After everything was finalized Becky told me she cannot pick me up because my house is out of her way and that I’d have to meet at her house. I told her my car is in the shop and she’s still refusing to pick me up and told me I’ll have to Uber to her house because she would have to leave at 6AM to pick me up. I’m REALLY annoyed! I can’t tell my boss and Tina I can’t work everything has already been put in place. What should I do? 

Just find a way to get to work!

You have to tell your boss and Tina, because Becky was going to be your ride to and from work, because you told her your car is out for repair for the next two days, and she has reneged.  Becky's promise was the condition that you said you would work for Tina and her sudden change of mind has changed all that.  The sooner you set everybody straight, the better.

Uber, but ask Tina and Becky to pay for it.

Call in, people in the medical field are back-stabbing sharks

Source(s): I am a nurse
  • Eva

If you live in the opposite direction from Becky and from work, that means she has to leave at least 20 - 30 minutes early to pick you up. 10 minutes to your house and 10 minutes back to the starting point plus the time she waits for you. She shouldn't have agreed to it and then backed out though. Arrange for the Uber and make sure she waits for you until you get to her house. Hopefully she'll be willing to take you all the way home after your shift.

I'd be irritated too, but your transportation to work is your problem, not your employer's problem.   You agreed to the shift and Becky isn't your unpaid employee.

uber to Becky's or uber to work, or rent a car, or take the bus...you took on this responsibility.  You could try to back out...but that would likely really upset the boss because you said you would cover.  Your word is holding up strong here, people will know that Becky is the problem. 

I'd chew Becky out over this issue...but your options are above.  

Why did Becky call to ask you to cover Tina's shift?  Thats the only weird part of this discussion.  

Take an Uber?..................

I would either take an Uber to Becky's house to ride with her, or just Uber to work if its about the same price. You told your boss and Tina you would cover the shift, you are a professional, find a way to get there and work the shift, even if it costs you a few bucks.

And from now on don't trust Becky for anything important.

Live up to your commitment to Tina in what ever way necessary, but never rely on "Becky" to honor her promises of any kind ever again.