Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 month ago

Republikkkans, how much do you want the stock market to tank before you start investing?

20,000 points? LOL

Do you have the slightest understanding of what you're talking about?

I've been investing for over a decade and will continue to do so.

If the stock market continues to fall I might make some financially prudent moves with my money, such as adjusting my asset allocation to purchase more equity positions or making a traditional to Roth conversion while the markets are low - effectively allowing me to convert more shares at a discounted price.

But I won't start or stop investing because of a 3 day slide.

• humpty

This democrat investor has been buying in certain areas. The people who are panic selling have no understanding of history as it relates to epidemics.

Following both rounds of the bubonic plague the economy boomed. Property was concentrated in the hands of the survivors and the value of labour went up. Following the influenza epidemic of 1919 we had the roaring twenties. Frankly, I have invested more than two million in the last two weeks, particularly in certain medical research firms and HMOs.

We need to remember that the youngsters who haunt the floor of the NYSE are prone to panic, poor dears, and their contempt for history gives them no appreciation for the value of previous examples. Buying discriminately during a fall is the way to make a huge profit.

Just don't buy airline or cruise ship companies. Do buy domestic energy and food production. Apple may not be food, but I have made a bundle over the last coule of years there as well, as in Sirius Radio. This is a GOOD time to buy certain stocks, and remember where you heard it.

I see the standards for "LOL" have dropped about as low as those for trolling and most city public school systems....

gee..... I wonder if there's some connection there....

It is not tanking or contracting because of any economic measures from the White House or Congress. It is because we are too dependent on Asia for commerce and it is a global problem right now. People are selling their stocks because they anticipate doing less business because of the epidemic disease.

I'll go long when it bottoms.

SARS it bottomed at about 20% which is about twice what it's dropped here. It recovered in just a few months that time.  I don't think it's going to drop that far.  It's already waving back and forth and that usually means it's close.

Buying when it tanks over something stupid is always a good move.

four to five thousand more points.

• Godless Gazoo

I'm thinking 2-3.....but we'll watch it.

Cons will claim Dow 15,000 will allow the little guys a buying opportunity. They forget the Dow drops that much, unemployment will be at 8 percent and rising.

• Godless Gazoo

Dow has little to do with unemployment.  No one is laying off right now.

$4k ought to do it.  That ought to deal with the irrational scare.

Come Monday, that's when I will start buying.

Republicans don't invest.