184 Answers

Relevance
  • Ann
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

It is legal..........................

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 month ago

Within reason. Once on Live PD, an officer pulled over a car that had just been reported stolen. The occupants of the car were a small child and his even smaller toddler brother. They took off in their grandmother's car, and I can't remember why, but Grandma was none too pleased.

The officer gave him a very stern talking to while they waited for Granny to show up. The brat driver was crying, saying she'd give him "a whoopin'". The officer said "Good! You NEED "a whoopin'". 

That means even some police feel there's a time and place for it, when done properly.  

• 1 month ago

spanking should never be legal I don't believe spanking changes everything in yourself and the children so, please don't thank you

• Max1 month agoReport

You are right. It seems like the most parents here are ****.

• Prince
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

No it should not be legal. 

• Rxn1 month agoReport

26 years

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Yup, still love it

• Rxn1 month agoReport

Yes I am married

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

If you want to say "beat with force", not, it's not should be legal. It's cruel and not correct.

• Peyton1 month agoReport

What are you saying? Did you have a stroke during this?

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Spanking a child (a swat on the behind) is still legal.  Looking at today's generation, you can tell it wasn't enforced.  Time out is a joke.  Beating and spanking are 2 different things.  My grandmother used a flyswatter to give a swift pat on the behind and it worked.

• 1 month ago

Absolutely not. There are other ways to discipline and punish a child without ever putting a finger on them. Spanking is hitting that inflicts injury aka assault and battery. Plus children are small and still learning and likely don't even understand what they're doing is wrong, unlike an adult.

• ...Show all comments
    • Would you spank an adult if they did something wrong? Not at all, you'd have them arrested or at least given a verbal warning. What is it about kids that makes one to spank them? It only teaches the child to fear and resent the adults in their life - it's not a good way to raise kids to adulthood.

• 1 month ago

absolutely   .

• Cousin
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

No, spanking children should be illegal, as it is in Washington State. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.