Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingNewborn & Baby · 1 month ago

Will my baby suffer life long injuries from her falls ?

My baby is a little younger than one and today she fell of my bed (100% an accident) and she cried for about 10 minutes and I gave him Tylenol and he was fine after that. She still crawls, plays with toys, babbles.. you couldn’t even tell she fell since she’s acting normal now. That was the furthest she’s ever fell before and I felt so bad for it but she’s doing good now. Could she suffer long term brain damage from the fall she had today? She fell on the back of her head and she fell about 2 feet. I called an ER nurse and she seemed like she wasn’t too concerned. 

Didn’t you read? I said CALLED the nurse. 

Didn’t realize I didn’t add an “s” where I wrote “he”

• Edna

Your daughter wasn't crying because she hurt herself when she fell off the bed or because she was in pain. She was crying because it scared her when she fell.

If every baby that ever fell off the bed suffered brain damage, we would have a lot of brain-damaged kids walking around.

She's fine.

__________

She won't live long so she won't suffer much.

She becomes a him pretty fast.  Interesting. You didn't just leave off an s, you used "him."  Anyway, you talked to an ER nurse.  I'm not sure why you think random strangers with no verifiable credentials would be more trustworthy.

Hi! We can never tell until.you have your baby check by a pediatrician. If the doctor suspects that there is something wrong or there must be check. He/she will order a series of examinations. Remember that the babys head skull is not that hard compare to us adult. A detailed physical examination must be done for assessment. Hope this helps😊

• Edna

Rommel, the baby doesn't need to be checked by a pediatrician nor does she need a detailed physical examination - she's not hurt. It's not unusual for a baby to fall off a bed, & they don't hurt themselves when they do, because a baby usually falls "limp". They don't "tense up" like adults do.

Take her to the ER stupid.  Sorry, but if you are this ignorant of a parent, you need a lot of parental training.  Also, why is it that you are switching between the pronouns him/her during this story? Seems to me that you are nothing more than a silly troll.

• Edna

The baby doesn't need to be seen in the ER if  she simply fell off the bed.

So you had an ER Nurse look at her, someone with years of training and experience, but you thought "hey, I'll ask random strangers on the internet what they think too"?  You're a mommy, start acting like an adult.