How normal is "gossip" in the corporate world?

What are the odds that you have to work with a co/worker / environment that likes "gossip"?

is it standard? Normal? Something is should expect to deal with?

“My Name Is Gossip. I have no respect for justice. I maim without killing. I break hearts and ruin lives. I am cunning and malicious and gather strength with age.

The more I am quoted the more I am believed. I flourish at every level of society. My victims are helpless. They cannot protect themselves against me because I have no name and no face.

To track me down is impossible. The harder you try, the more elusive I become. I am nobody's friend. Once I tarnish a reputation, it is never the same. I topple governments and ruin marriages. I ruin careers and cause sleepless nights, heartache and indigestion. I spawn suspicion and generate grief.

I make innocent people cry in their pillows. Even my name hisses. I AM CALLED GOSSIP.”

• Judy

not unusual....................

Depends on what you mean by "gossip."  It is normal and. natural for humans to have conversations.  This is true in any environment including the "corporate world." Some people love to talk about rumors and make comments about people.  That person is a gossip.  Gossips can be anywhere in any job.  It is up to the other employees to either engage and spread the gossip or ignore it. 

One would be wise to be very very cautious. My boss *hates* gossip. He especially doesn't like employees, or potential ones, who gossip about their former employers. The standard excuse to use when someone wants to gossip / show you pictures of her baby / play the video of the woman who makes her breasts dance is "Oh, you know, I've got a lot of work to do."

• It's pretty normal for people to gossip in office environments. But you don't have to take part in it if you don't want to. You're not there to gossip, you're there to do your job. If some one like to gossip but you don't want to, just don't talk to them.