What’s the strangest way you’ve ever made a friend?

• steve

Visiting my sister when she lived in Hong Kong. 

I had visited a neighbouring Island Lantau and went exploring and got lost and couldn't find my way back to the ferry. I bumped into a Swedish girl coming the other way also lost.

I said it is not that way and she said it is not the way I have come. Below us there was a tiny Chinese Junk moored. Most Hong Kong Chinese can speak enough English to understand so we went down to ask.

The guy told us we were miles away from the ferry but for $100HK (about £12) he would take us back to Hong Kong Island in his Junk.

So we paid him got on and he gave us beers along the way. We got talking and seemed to hit it off, it was quite an experience. And we spent the rest of our time until she went home going out in Hong Kong together.

That was 20 years ago and we are still friends today.

It would have to be on this site :)

• SKY1 month agoReport

Not on mall or something ;)

A girl complimented me on the length of my neck and we ended up having girl talk.

• sarah

I have made a few friends on yahoo answers, that could be strange I suppose.

On ya I guess 

...

• SKY1 month agoReport

True .  People at workplace really don't care once you left the job. 

I guess when the chairmen of my department told me that he thought I was the most interesting person he saw at his interview because he noticed that my shirt was hanging out of my pants and he liked people who were oblivious of their image. And years later another friend told me that her job was to keep me away from him because they did not want me to monopolize him by taking too much. That was 50 years ago and we are still friends.

• I don't always make friends, but when I do...TOTALLY unintentional.

One of my closest ones now I made by having an almost hour long sh!tposting session with. I'm talking we were NOT holding back, either...and I guess when it was all over we gained sort of a mutual respect with each other and it's been going strong since 😁

• SKY1 month agoReport

That's beautiful 

• Mike

I don't have friends, too much of a hassle.