Would you let your 12 yr old daughter go camping with her friends?

My daughter is 12 and one of her best friends is turning 13. My daughter has been invited to go camping at a public local camp spot about 1 hour away. Their will be 5 girls aged 13 and one adult (mum). I don't want her to go but all her best friends will be there. They are all good kids. I've met the mum once. My daughter REALLY REALLY wants to go and if I don't let her I know she will be forever upset about it. I think it's one of those moments she will always remember that she wasn't aloud to go. I don't know if I should let her go or not. I trust my daughter and the other kids, I just don't trust the situation or if something goes wrong. What do you think? We live in Australia.

If she is "aloud" to go, then she would be quieter when she gets back...

Depends on how well you know the adult.

sure, let her go as long as you dont mind her coming back pregnant - it happens

Offer to be a second chaperone and bring smores!

• ?

She's still a child..............keep her home.  Just tell her NO camping until she's 16.

• ?

Well,12 year old children are obviously still too young to go camping alone, but if there is an adult chaperoning them, then  i do not absolutely see any problem .

Yes, i would definitely let my daughter go. 

She will reinforce her friendships and have a lot of fun.  My suggestion is: let her go and have fun.

• mokrie

Is there a way you could get someone to house sit for you and you go also as a second adult. I would worry with just one adult along with the kids. Even if you don't sleep all night it would be worth it for your daughter.

• ?

I would let her go yes, there's an adult present and it sounds like fun.

Go with them. or let her go alone.

Sure.  I went camping with friends when I was way younger than that.  As long as there's a responsible adult along to keep an eye on them.