debodun asked in HealthOptical · 3 months ago

My ophthalmologist gave me a prescription for eyeglasses. I need both distance and reading. Will one prescription do for each kind?

This is the prescription I was given: RIGHT Sphere -2.00, Cylinder +2.00, Axis 180, Add +2.75. Dva 20/40. LEFT Sphere -0.25, Cylinder 0.75, Axis 020, Add +2.75, Dva 20/25

I'm not sure exactly what you are asking. You may have been given a prescription for bifocals. If you were, somewhere on the prescription there should be the word add with a number with it. If your prescription looks like that, you can get bifocals. If you prefer, separate glasses could be made from that one prescription for distance glasses and reading glasses. Any optical shop would know how to do that.

• 4 days ago

Varifocals will do the trick

Yes. You should get progressive bifocals and that will take care of both. Wear them all the time as you will get used to them quickly!

• Bernd

It would help if you posted your full prescription in the question.

• debodun3 months agoReport

Added to original question info.

• audrey

Get progressive bifocals. I've had them for many years. It will take a couple of weeks to get used to, but well worth it!

• R K

yes, you can get glasses that have progressive lenses in them for both near and far vision.

• edward

Bi focal lenses. More expensive than regular ones but they cost less than buying 2 pairs

Yu can order bi-focals that will do both in one lenz. Or you can get two separate pairs of glasses, one for distance (driving) and one for reading (computer). You don't need an ophthalmologist for getting the glasses made, just an optometrist.