Does the Florida DMV allow you to show proof of auto insurance via your phone or tablet?

Or do you physically need to print out your insurance papers? The people who should answer this question are the ones who has actually been there and done so ... not people just wanting points who don't know what the hell they are talking about ... just saying.

Update:

Once again asking the question which 4 people were not able to answer but yet they gave answers ARE YOU ALLOWED TO SHOW PROOF OF AUTO INSURANCE AT THE FLORIDA DMV OF OF YOUR PHONE?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Edna
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

No; you can't show proof of insurance over your phone - the DMV wants to see the real thing, in person. You don't have to physically print out your insurance papers. If your car is insured, you will have received a card (that you carry in your glove compartment at all times) from your insurance company that shows the name of your insurance company and the date it was issued and the expiration date. That is your proof of insurance. Show that to the DMV. 

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

No. Its because any computer or smart phone can be hacked or download  bogus information. Even when a cop asks to see license, he asks you hand it to him/Her  Has to see if it's been modified or not. 

• 7 months ago

you had a valid insurance at the time of being stopped

• zipper
    Lv 6
    7 months ago

Call them and ask them not us, they know a lot better what they will accept than we do!

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • May
    Lv 6
    7 months ago

NO.  I am not allowed to use my phone to show proof of insurance at a Florida DMV office because I am not at a Florida DMV office.

Grammar matters

• 7 months ago

in the State of Florida even though law enforcement can tell whether you're insured or whether you're not insured using the computer you are required to carry a paper insurance card issued to you by your insurance company and the actual physical registration and of course your driver's license. A cell phone copy is not acceptable. As far as the law is concerned you will be issued a ticket for no proof of insurance. You can of course plead not guilty at your time expense and go to the judge and show that you have proof of insurance and that it was in Force at the time.

And it will likely get dismissed but it will still cost you standing in a long line and showing the judge that you had a valid insurance at the time of being stopped

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

i would just print it out just in case

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

Yes.  https://www.allstate.com/tr/car-insurance/electron...

Only New Mexico according to this list requires a hard copy.

• Susie
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

I just show my insurance card, not the policy itself.  If you get pulled over you need to show proof of insurance. Don’t you have a card you carry? 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.