Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsOther - Science · 3 months ago

Will the warmer weather kill the corona virus?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 months ago

I think the warmer weather will help as it will dry out the virus making it die quicker than otherwise , but warmer weather should ease other winter flu viruses and ease the complications of people already with pneumonia catching the corona virus making a bad situation worse. The NHS may be able so discharge some people with asthma etc as the warmer weather eases their conditions freeing up beds for corona virus.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 3 months ago

I'm afraid not, because people would go out and it would just spread.

• 3 months ago

No, but people will be spending more time outdoors, where their respiratory tissue is not dried out by the low humidity caused by artificial heating of cold (and low absolute humidity) air, which results in low relative humidity.

• 3 months ago

Covid-19 is active in South America, Australia, and other southern hemisphere continents and countries.  It's summer down there now, so I guess the warmer weather is not going to be a silver bullet. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • ?
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

Nope. Given that the optimal temperature for a virus is around body temperature, the warmer weather is more likely to favor than hinder the virus

• A.J.
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

Warmer weather slows the spread of some viruses, but doesn't kill them. The reasons are debated.

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

There is no conclusive proof that it will. But warmer weather does slow the spread of the influenza virus due to a capsule of fat that surrounds the virus. Heat breaks down the fat capsule and renders the virus inactive. COVID-19 has a similar fat capsule, so it’s possible that it will not be resistant to heat. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.