What are some memories that always make you smile?

I remember a time when I could leave my house... Simpler days when my kids went to school instead of engaging in Zoom sessions online... I recall jogging and hiking in the hills... But mostly I reminisce about having paid work and knowing we could provide for the family.

When I farted in the elevator at the V.A. and sent it up to the next floor, and could hear people screaming and puking.

A guy at work asks me "You're effeminate. What can I get my wife for her bday?" I immediately replied; "Well, what does she like, besides taking it up the ***?" Everyone lol & some spit their coffee out. It was the best!

• This sounds like a nasty joke.   

losing my virginity always makes me smile... 

• Jerry

The night my (now) husband proposed. He had bought a beautiful ring, written a wonderful short poem about our life together, and planned the proposal for my birthday. Which was also a full moon night. 

That day was one of the worst days I'd ever had at work. Everything went wrong. That after work, the train service had problems so I was 2 hours late getting home. And along with that I'd left my glasses at work. I was in one foul mood that night. 

My poor sweetie kept suggesting "Come outside and see this gorgeous full moon!" and I kept responding with hostility and impatience. "It's cold outside and I can't SEE the freekin' moon! Why can't you just leave me alone!"

Finally I told him "I'm going to bed to get away from your pestering!" And I did go to bed and fell quickly asleep. But about an hour later he was nudging me, waking me up. He was kneeling next to the bed, in the dark, reciting his poem:

"Won't you please be my wife,

My partner for life, ..."

I realized what all of that "Step out and look at the moon" stuff had been about and laughed so hard I fell out of bed. On top of him. The ring went rolling away and down the hallway, cat in pursuit. 

It was one wild night after that. I accepted his proposal, covered him with kisses, and missed work the next day. 

BTW we've been wonderfully happy together for 20 years and counting. 

The good girls that I had to cut loose. The runner-ups.

• audrey

I remember walking in a grocery store and buying a strange thing called......MEAT.

• astarrynight2 months agoReport

What other memories make you smile?