Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkEntertaining · 2 months ago

How can I organise a reverse surprise party?

I want to organise a surprise birthday party for my 21st but I want to be the only one what knows that's what it is. I want all the guests to come and be surprised when it turns out it's a birthday party. I dont want gifts and I personally hate being surprised so that's why I thought I'd do it backwards. I would be grateful for any idea on how to pull this off ideally without telling anyone the real intention behind it. Ie where, when, how, practicalities like food and set up.

• Jerry

Plan a dinner party. Ask people to arrive promptly. Before dinner is served, a singing telegram (gorilla-gram, strip-o-gram, cop-o-gram, etc) arrives and provides a little "Happy Birthday To You" entertainment. You tip the entertainer and continue with your dinner party with your pleased and grateful friends. 

Of course the other respondent is correct. It would be recklessly irresponsible to have a dinner party like this any time soon, even if you could find a willing entertainer. 

Contact a Local Caterer.

To your friend disparage your enthusiasm for a birthday part,

• Laurie

You can’t so this anytime within the next three months.

Don’t be self-centered and selfish. Be a good citizen.