Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceInsurance · 2 months ago

Is there such a thing as “muteness insurance”?

Could one take out a Million dollar muteness insurance policy that pays out in the event someone goes mute?

Could I buy stock in a record company, gain an insurance interest, and then take out muteness policies on heavy metAl and hard rock singers and then just wait while they render themselves mute??

When they finally destroy their voice, could I then collect my insurance money?

I have heard of vision insurance that pays out when vision loss or issues and problems occur?

I have heard of Life Insirance that pays out when someone croaks?

I know that rock singers are likely to incur a Total Loss on a muteness insurance policy if that exists entitling me to the full lump sum benefit.

• car253

You can insure body parts like if your a musician or actor, sky driver, ect.   But you have to go to a broker to do it and have a very good reason. 

No. But there is insurance that will cover a disability and insurance that will pay you if you cannot perform your work anymore.

You can actually get policies for different things like voice, body parts, etc, depending on what you are using as your 'moneymaker', but you can't do it through the normal insurance companies, it is done through places like Lloyd's of London, and it is HELLA expensive, and would not be something YOU could purchase and gain money from unless you were insuring yourself.

shut the hell up, kid.

• Robert

You can insure against almost anything if you are willing to pay gigantic premiums. If you hold an artist's contract, I believe you could insure their health. The premiums will be quite high