Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenDo It Yourself (DIY) · 5 months ago

Is going to buy a drill for this project considered essential?

My town is under order to stay home, unless essential. Anyways, there is a bunch of mold on my wall in the pantry. I cant just wipe it away with bleach. I have to replace the sheetrock. I dont have a drill, and bits, so I'd need to go, and by one. Is this essential?

Maybe, you are attempting to keep your family from getting sick from mold.

Unless the mold is making you or your family sick, this would not be considered essential. Essential travel is needed items like food, water, etc...

no. this is NOT essential. You've lived with the mold for weeks, it can go another few weeks

btw, you cut sheetrock with a saw, not a drill.

No it's not. Power tools are also dangerous and you could hurt yourself. HIRE A PROFESSIONAL 

retails   and other food.necessity stores,pharmacies are mostly open, you might consider waiting for the siege to lift,meanwhile,make do with cleaning the surfaces,,covering the area with a plastic tarp and some tape

Order one from Amazon or Home Depot.

If you don't already own a drill, then this project is almost certainly beyond your knowledge and capabilities.  

As for *your* state and local restrictions, you'll have to figure that out.  There is no universal lock down rules.  Area-wise, most of the US isn't on any sort of lockdown.

You can also use a hammer and dry wall nails. Check of You Tube for videos on the use of nails. That can be cheaper than using screws.

That's allowed. Construction on your home is one of the reasons you are allowed to travel to the store.

• Dze

why dont you order it on ebay einstein ..