Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenDo It Yourself (DIY) · 5 months ago

Is going to buy a drill for this project considered essential?

My town is under order to stay home, unless essential. Anyways, there is a bunch of mold on my wall in the pantry. I cant just wipe it away with bleach. I have to replace the sheetrock. I dont have a drill, and bits, so I'd need to go, and by one. Is this essential?

20 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 months ago

Maybe, you are attempting to keep your family from getting sick from mold.

• 5 months ago

Unless the mold is making you or your family sick, this would not be considered essential. Essential travel is needed items like food, water, etc...

• 5 months ago

no. this is NOT essential. You've lived with the mold for weeks, it can go another few weeks

btw, you cut sheetrock with a saw, not a drill.

• 5 months ago

No it's not. Power tools are also dangerous and you could hurt yourself. HIRE A PROFESSIONAL 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 5 months ago

retails   and other food.necessity stores,pharmacies are mostly open, you might consider waiting for the siege to lift,meanwhile,make do with cleaning the surfaces,,covering the area with a plastic tarp and some tape

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Order one from Amazon or Home Depot.

• 5 months ago

If you don't already own a drill, then this project is almost certainly beyond your knowledge and capabilities.  

As for *your* state and local restrictions, you'll have to figure that out.  There is no universal lock down rules.  Area-wise, most of the US isn't on any sort of lockdown.

• 5 months ago

You can also use a hammer and dry wall nails. Check of You Tube for videos on the use of nails. That can be cheaper than using screws.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

That's allowed. Construction on your home is one of the reasons you are allowed to travel to the store.

• Dze
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

why dont you order it on ebay einstein ..

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.