Sami asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 2 months ago

I had sex with 2 guys , one being on Jan 7th and the other on the jan 18th -25th, I got my period on Jan 11th?

Who's the father and what are the chances of getting pregnant while on period?

On my first ultrasound, the doctor told me my beta hcg level was over 6000 which was on Feb 14th, which at the time I was only about 3 and half weeks pregnant, but that day the doctor told me I was approxemetly 5-7 weeks, could the 2 week add on be the confusion here??

obviously the second guy.... are you slow? good luck to the kid omg 

get a 3d ultra sound which does it look like

• MissA

It's much more likely that the later guy is the father.

the second guy was the father. i hope you only stick to one partner so you don't get confused of who got impregnated you. 

Ovulation happens ABOUT 14 days BEFORE a period.  The egg only lives about 12 to 24 hours.

When you had sex on Jan 7th, the previous egg was DEAD.   The fact that your period arrived on Jan 11th means that ovulation had probably happened about 14 days BEFORE that period and when you had sex on the 7th, there was NO EGG.

Even though sperm could live for about 5 days, it is EXTREMELY UNLIKELY that you ovulated while having a period - especially not during the first one to two days of the period which would have been the only time frame for the sperm to have survived.

In this situation, guy 2 is the most likely father.

Based on a period starting on Jan 11th - you would be about five weeks on Feb 15th.  Being told "5 to 7" weeks on the 14th is not that far off.  However, that scan is usually more accurate and your doctor could give you a better answer on what the scan actually showed.  

You need to quit acting so  immoral before it is too late.

• Edna

You had sex with Guy No. 1 on Jan. 7, and you began a menstrual period on Jan. 11. A menstrual period always means you're not pregnant. Therefore, Guy No. 1 can't be the baby's father. You didn't have sex with Guy No. 2 until Jan. 18 - Jan. 25 - during the time frame you in which you would be ovulating if your last period began on Jan. 7. Guy No. 2 the father.

It's normally next to impossible for a woman to get pregnant while she's having a period. At that time, there's no mature egg in her body to be fertilized; her uterus is shedding its lining; and her next ovulation is days in the future.

• Edna

Sami:  Forget about your transvaginal exam & how far along it thinks you are. You began a menstrual period 4 days AFTER you had sex with the first guy. A menstrual period always means you're not pregnant. You got pregnant after you had sex with the 2nd guy.

If you had a period, you were not pregnant at that time.

Guy number two.

If you got your period on the 11th, the first guy is not the father.  the second guy is the father.

Only a paternity test will show positively who is the father and yes, you can get pregnant "while on your period".

• Edna

I suppose anything is "possible", but it's physically almost impossible for a woman to get pregnant while she's having a period.