Does vegan cookie dough taste the same as normal one?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    5 months ago
    Favourite answer

No. since a vegan cannot use Animal Milk or Butter.

• 5 months ago

can do! here is my current go-to cookie recipe, which happens to be vegan! 

line a baking sheet with parchment

preheat fan oven to 180 celcius

mix: 

- 70g caster sugar

- 120g soft brown sugar- 110g coconut oil (melted, duh)- 1tsp vanilla essenceadd and mix:- 75g (5tbsp) non-dairy milk (i find almond best for baking)mix the following together then add to the rest and mix: - 220g *** plain flour- 1 pinch cinnamon (important!!! you won't taste it but it elevates the overall flavour)- 1 tsp baking powder- 1 tsp baking soda*** you may need up to 70g more flour!! you need it to come together as a doughadd:- mix ins (i use white chocolate chips and macademia nuts, but sub for other nuts, vegan chocolate, dried fruit, sprinkles, freeze-dried fruit powder, lemon zest, whatever!!!)

form into balls and flatten slightly (you can leave some in the fridge for fresh cookies another day! it isn't rock hard so you can form and cook from refrigerated, just add a min)

maybe you want to sprinkle with salt? 

cook maybe 8-15 mins depending on size.. i like them slightly golden at the edges

leave them to cool at least 5 mins before eating or attempting to move (otherwise they are basically hot cookie dough)

• 5 months ago

I didn't know there was such a thing. I know that the 'cookie dough' in chocolate chip cookie dough icecream really isn't that great, and that is not made with eggs for health reasons, but not sure about vegan cookie dough. Man, that is a real game-changer if that is good.

• 5 months ago

Most cake and dough and pie is vegan to start with!! You can very easily substitute of vegetable oil instead of butter or lard you won't know the difference!

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    5 months ago

NO. It's garbage.

• Daisy
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Depends on the recipes, but it's doubtful since it won't contain two mainstays of many cookies: butter and eggs.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.