Do all modern motherboards these days have built in wireless card capability? Bit out of touch. At least 5 years since I built my last one.?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favourite answer

No, not all. You have to hunt out the WIFI enabled motherboards the old fashioned way i'm afraid.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 2 months ago

No not all motherboards have Wifi and Bluetooth, you have to look up the specs to find one that has WiFi and BT capabilities. 

As an example, you can look up the Asus Crosshair VIII Hero board. There is a version which has Wifi and Bluetooth and a slightly cheaper version which doesn't.

Amazon currently isn't shipping any PC hardware, so if you want something then you'll have to turn to newegg or B&H Photo. 

• 2 months ago

Not all motherboards have Bluetooth and WiFi built in. Most do though.

• P
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

They are available, but many motherboards do not.  Regardless if this is a gaming system and you can't do ethernet you really want to get an AC1200 or higher PCIe card with a router that can handle that kind of speed to a single point.  You can get some incredible speeds over wireless with the right equipment. Chances are what you have isn't good enough for modern standards. 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07P61CK87/ref=cm_sw_em_... 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

no. many gaming mobos do not have this. gamers don't use wireless ... we use Cat 5 cable and gigabit routers

• David
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Not necessarily, only certain motherboards have. This will be stated in the specs

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.